Selenite is a calcium sulfate mineral that is the crystallized transparent variety of Gypsum. It was first discovered in 1747 by J.G. Wallerius and named after the Greek word meaning “moon” in reference to its blue and pale colors. Selenite is extremely abundant and can be found in nearly every country in the world. Some of the most abundant deposits on record are sourced from Morocco, Australia, Madagascar, Mexico, Brazil, and the United States. Gypsum occurs on every continent in the world and is the most abundant of all sulfate minerals.
- Selenite is a calming stone that instils deep peace and is excellent for meditation or spiritual work.
- Selenite brings clarity of the mind and expands ones awareness of the self and of ones surroundings.
- It opens the crown and higher crown chakras and accesses angelic consciousness and higher guidance.
- It can be used to access past lives as well as future lives. Selenite is a calming stone that instils deep peace and is excellent for meditation or spiritual work.
- Selenite transmutes electromagnetic smog from electronics.